Attention anyone interested in becoming a Suffolk County Lifeguard candidates for 2020 season.
This year‘s social distancing lifeguard training program is set to begin and the dates will be as follows:
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2020
Thursday, June 4th, 2020
Tuesday, June 9th, 2020
Thursday, June 11th, 2020
Tuesday, June 16th, 2020
Thursday, June 18th, 2020
Time for all sessions will be from 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM at Smith Point Beach
All candidates must Bring:
- An I.D.
- Sneakers to run in
- Face mask or face covering
- Bathing suit
All successful candidates will be hired to work this summer at Meschutt Beach in Hampton Bays. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on June 2.
Important: Governor A. Cuomo issued an Executive Order a few weeks ago that all people MUST wear a mask or face covering in public in situations where social distancing is not possible. Please be sure to bring and wear a mask or face covering while arriving at Smith Point.
Further, the New York State Department of Health (DOH) recommends the following ways to minimize the spread of all respiratory viruses, including 2019-nCoV:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing. If you use a tissue, throw it in the trash.
- Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.