Due to Hurricane Henri Suffolk County Beaches, Smith Point, Cupsogue and Meschutt, will be closed tomorrow, 8/22/21.
Do not enter any Ocean beaches, please be smart and stay safe.
Henri became a category 1 hurricane from a tropical storm this afternoon. Henri is expected to deliver winds of 80 MPH and wind gusts of up to 100 mph to Long Island.
To prepare for Hurricane, please make sure that you have:
• Non-perishable food and bottled water
• An adequate supply of any prescription medication
• A supply of batteries and a battery-operated radio
• Taken down any loose outdoor objects
• Fully charged your electronic devices
The Department of Emergency Management advises all residents to do the following once the storm begins:
• Stay home and off the roads as conditions continue to deteriorate Sunday
• Be cautious of and stay away from flooding in low-lying areas near the bay and canals
• Never drive through any flooded roadways
• Stay away from downed power lines and report all downed lines to PSEG Long Island
More tips on how to prepare: www.ready.gov/hurricanes
To report power outages and/or downed lines to PSEG, call 1-800-490-0075, text OUT to 773454, or go online at www.psegliny.com